Here’s a Sept. 16th email from Ptr Chito:
Dear Brother Mike,
In God’s grace! Thank you for covering us all in your prayers. Philippine government declares many parts of the country in a state of calamity due to Dengue outbreak. About 78,000 people, mostly children have been affected by the said dengue virus (from bite of a mosquito called aedes aegypti). Three children from our church here at EBI have been hospitalized due to dengue.
This coming Saturday, September 18th, I (probably Ofel, Nicole and Pauline) will be at Bulusan to assist Pastor Virgil with their Water Baptism. They have 8 candidates.
Please pray for the following:
- That Castilla Church (Ptr Redgie’s) avail the help from Korean sponsors for church building. Castilla church is one of the prospective recipients to receive the P500,000 ($11,000) budget for church building. This is an assistance (no string attach) from korean christians who want to help Filipino churches/christians.
- The 14 small churches of Emmaus church (i.e. the Virtues Small Groups)
- more God’s breakthrough on people of Casiguran and Donsol
- Church lot and building for Irosin PAMI
- More Bible study openings and God’s protection for our workers at Calbayog and San Isidro (Isomel, Dwight, Icy and Raquel)
- Health of Pastor Chito & Pastor William
- Protection from Dengue
- Arman James papers to Mongolia
- E2E program and Lorenzo as projectionist
- to receive FMSC meals again
- Healing from cancer (goiter) of Sis Marilyn Lacsa
- VOICE opening at Elementary and High School of Guinlajon (near EBI)
- efficient operation/activities (parents cooperation esp.) of Compassion International here in Guinlajon
- Water Baptism this coming 18th
The love and grace of God abound!
I love you all in the Lord Jesus,
Pastor Chito Mendizabal
P.S. Note that the PAMI Bulan Church also plans a baptism in later October.